Cambridge City Council has launched the 23-24 Community Grants which support local voluntary and community groups to run activities which tackle social and/or economic inequality among Cambridge residents with the greatest need of support. The Community Grants fund comprises of the following:
- Application requests over £2,000
- Small Grants Fund: application requests of £2,000 or less
- Discretionary Rate Relief (DRR)
The Small Grant fund (for application requests of £2,000 or less) is new for 2023-24 and is being run as a trial. The lower value of the grant is reflected in the simpler application form which is hoped will encourage applications from new groups and those who might have felt the application process was too difficult. The Small Grant fund is being piloted using an online application process. To find out more and complete the application form, please go to https://www.cambridge.gov.uk/apply-for-up-to-2000-from-the-community-grants-fund
If you wish to apply for more than £2,000 then you can either request the application guidance and application form from firstname.lastname@example.org or go to https://www.cambridge.gov.uk/community-grants for both documents.
Please note that you cannot apply to both the Small Grants fund and the over £2,000 grant fund.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 3rd October 2022
There is support available for groups who wish to apply for funding:
- Cambridge City Council and Cambridge Council for Voluntary Service (CCVS) are holding a webinar for organisations to find out more about our funding, application process and forms on Wednesday 14th September 2022, time to be confirmed. Email email@example.com to book a place and we will send you the link to join the webinar. The webinar will be available to watch on https://www.cambridge.gov.uk/grants-and-funding until the application closing date.
- If you are unable to attend or access the webinar, then CCVS can provide 1-1 advice. We recommend you contact them as early as possible, preferably by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01223 464696 or 07935 649805
- Cambridge Ethnic Community Forum can also provide advice and support to local Black, Asian and minority ethnic voluntary and community organisations. Tel: 01223 655241 email@example.com
Please do not hesitate to contact the Grants Team if you would like any further information.